Join the Sparkman Center for Global Health, the Lister Hill Center for Health Policy, and the CFAR Behavioral and Community Sciences Core for a presentation and discussion on the issues and challenges facing LGBTQ communities in the Caribbean with a special focus on access to healthcare.
Panelists will share their information and expertise on the following topics:
1) What we know about SGM (sexual and gender minorities) in the Caribbean with John Waters, Head of Research and M&E at the Caribbean Vulnerable Communities Coalition (CVC)
2) The needs and challenges facing gay men in the Caribbean with Marlon Thompson, Technical Program Officer at CVC
3) The needs and challenges facing transwomen in Jamaica with Renae Green, Executive Director of TransWave Jamaica
4) The needs and challenges facing Lesbians in the Caribbean with Marianela Carvajal, Technical and Political Coordinator for COLEHT in the Dominican Republic
5) What CVC is doing to address LGBTQ needs and challenges in the region with Ivan Cruickshank, Executive Director at CVC
The seminar is part of the semester-long spotlight on LGBTQ health with the Lister Hill Center for Health Policy and UAB School of Public Health.